If you cannot submit grades for a class:
Usually this is because something is incomplete. First, make sure all students on the roster are either graded or skipped.
If there is a student (or more) remaining, make sure you've completed grading or "skipped" them if they do not have work present. If you're having trouble getting a student to show as complete, jump to the next section in this article.
If all students are graded or skipped and you're still not able to submit work, make sure all fields are complete on the class summary page:
- You've entered the required strengths and growths for the class (usually two each).
- You've reported your grading time.
If you're still having trouble, this may be an internet connection issue. If none of this seems to help, contact us. It's a good idea to go ahead and save your class summary so that if it's an easy fix on our end, we can go ahead and submit your work on your behalf.
If you cannot complete grades for a student:
Usually, this is because a required field was missed. Check that:
- There's a score recorded for each rubric category or scoring component (on very rare occasions, these might fail to save, even if you're sure you selected a score!)
- You've entered the required strengths and growths (usually two each)
- You've entered the number of pages
Still having trouble? Again, possibly an internet connection issue.
If you are sure that everything is complete and still can't get a student to show up as complete, or if the platform is erasing your work or showing an error message, you may have found a bug 🐛 that we don't know about. Let us know, and we'll try to figure out what's going on and get it fixed as soon as possible!